Often slips and falls can lead to sever injuries and can cost companies huge sums in loss of work plus damages. To prevent these here are some simple steps to follow.
To help prevent slips and trips, we recommend the following:
- Clean up spills immediately. If a spill can’t be cleaned up right away, place “wet floor” warning signs for workers.
- Keeps walkways and hallways free of debris, clutter and obstacles.
- Keep filing cabinets and desk drawers shut when not in use.
- Cover cables or cords in walkways.
- Replace burnt-out light bulbs promptly.
- Consider installing abrasive floor mats or replacing worn flooring.
- Encourage workers to wear comfortable, properly fitted shoes.
To learn more go here: https://www.safetyandhealthmagazine.com/articles/14029-preventing-slips-trips-and-falls