Applying an Anti-Slip Coating to Your Tub
An Anti-Slip coating is another effective solution to fix a slippery bathtub. These coatings create a textured surface, helping improve traction and prevent falls and slips. Available in either spray or paint-on form and can be easily applied to various bathtub materials.
Clean and dry your tub thoroughly before applying the Anti-Slip coating. Remove any scum, soap, mineral deposits, or other debris that may hinder the effectiveness of the coating. Ensure your slippery bathtub is completely dry before using any non-slip tub coating.
Anti-slip coatings are durable, long-lasting solutions resistant to water, cleaning products, and chemicals. They maintain their effectiveness over time, and regular cleaning and maintenance will help preserve the Anti-Slip properties, ensuring the safety of your bathtub. We always suggest that our cleaner & maintainer is perfect for use on any of our coatings that you use on your slippery bathtub.
Contacting a Professional for Tub Refinishing
You may require a more extensive solution to fix the slipperiness of damaged or old bathtubs. Slippery bathtub refinishing may be the answer. Also known as reglazing or resurfacing, tub refinishing involves applying a new coating to the bathtub’s surface, restoring its original appearance and functionality.
A professional will clean and repair any damage to the tub during the refinishing process. After the chips, cracks, or stains are repaired, they will apply a new finish, typically acrylic or epoxy, to create a smooth and non-slip surface. The end results. a bathtub that is not slippery and looks brand.
Slippery bathtub refinishing is a cost-effective alternative to replacing your bathtub and can be completed relatively quickly, with no need for extensive construction or plumbing work. It is imperative to hire an experienced and reputable professional to ensure the longevity and quality of the job.
Preventing Slippery Bathtubs and Showers
You can implement other safety measures to prevent falls and slips in the bathroom and fix a slippery bathtub. These measures are especially important for households with young children, elderly individuals, or individuals with mobility issues. Below, we explore practical ways to maintain a safe bathroom environment:
- Grab Bars: Installing grab bars on the walls provides additional support and stability. Ensure that the bars used are specifically designed for bathroom use and securely mounted to the wall.
- Non-Slip Bathmats: Placing non-slip mats on the floor near the shower, slippery bathtub or sink can provide traction and absorb water, reducing the risk of slips. Regular cleaning and drying of mats are required to prevent mildew and mold growth.
- Improved Lighting: Good visibility and preventing accidents are essential and can be achieved with a well-lit bathroom. Installing bright lights or adding additional lighting fixtures to ensure adequate illumination and using motion-sensor lights near the bathroom entrance for added convenience and safety.
- Declutter and Organization: Remove unnecessary items from the floor and/or countertops to keep the bathroom clean and free from clutter, preventing tripping hazards. Storage solutions such as cabinets or shelves are recommended to keep toiletries and other items organized and easily accessible.
- Secure Towels and Rugs: To prevent slipping next to your bathtub, ensure towels and rugs in the bathroom are securely placed. Using non-slip rug pads or adhesive strips will assist in securing the rugs in place on the floor. Hang towels on hooks or towel bars.
Implementing these safety measures will significantly reduce the risk of falls and slips in the bathroom. Regular inspection and maintenance of these measures are important to ensure their effectiveness.
How to Fix a Slippery Bathtub Conclusion
You can turn a slippery tub from a hazardous bathing experience into a secure haven with the right remedies and safety measures. Be it DIY solutions, bathtub stickers, non-slip bathmats, anti-slip coatings, or even professional tub refinishing, the key is to prioritize your safety and regain peace of mind.
With our expert tips and tricks, you can say goodbye to falls and slips and embrace a secure and enjoyable bathing experience.
Go ahead, sink your feet into safety, and enjoy slip-free bathing.
Remember, prevention is always better than cure.
If you found this article interesting, please share it with friends and family. You never know who has a slippery bathtub until its too late. Check out our Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube pages for more slip-prevention tips and tricks.