You may think that your home is a safe haven but unfortunately accidents do happen. There are many scenarios that can occur within your home that can cause an accident and personal injury to your loved ones. You need to learn how to avoid these situations, if you want to keep your family safe.
There are six different types of common accidents that will cause personal injury within your home:
- Getting burned. The kitchen is one of the most dangerous yet popular rooms in the house. It is the place where you will cook fantastic meals for your family, unfortunately it is also extremely possible to burn yourself on boiling water and stove tops.
- Falling. There are many areas where you can fall in your home. Whether it be in the hallway due to slippery flooring or down the stairs if you are not paying attention.
- Electrocuted. Although this is a rare occurrence it can still happen. Little children love exploring and may stick their fingers into electrical outlets if they are not covered up.
- Cutting yourself. There are many ways in which you can accidently cut yourself. This accident normally occurs in the kitchen it is normally due to a combination of a knife being left out on the countertop and a slippery floor. Sometimes an accident like this can cause great personal injury that will require a trip to the emergency room.
- Slamming fingers. This accident normally occurs due to carelessness but it is extremely common. When you are locking up your home and closing windows in a rush it is easy to “slam” the window shut, before getting your fingers out of the way.
- Banging your head. If you have a swimming pool or any area in your home that might have slippery surfaces you can easily bang your head on a counter top or floor, from rushing around or slipping on a liquid. Most children will bang their head on more than one occasion while playing in your home.
If you want to avoid all of these common accidents then you need to reevaluate the safety features in your home. One of the biggest causes of accidents in the home is your flooring. Floors have been designed to be aesthetically pleasing and not necessarily safe. Whether you have tiles or wooden floors, you probably chose them to compliment your décor rather than keeping your family safe.
Your answer to slip free surfaces
You no longer have to worry about installing boring laminated flooring to ensure that your family is not at risk of an accident and personal injury. Instead you can purchase anti-slip flooring solutions. There are a number of different solutions that can help to make your floors safer. These include an anti-slip coating for all different types of floors, as well as anti-slip tape for the edges of your stairs.
Here at Slip No More we are your answer to slip free surfaces. All of our products have been designed and manufactured to provide you with the utmost in perfection when it comes to anti-slip solutions. Click here for more information on our products.